Saturday, August 13, 2011

Multi Purpose Bag

Well here it is, after 3 days of sewing.  Well partial days..lol. I finished it this afternoon and am totally pleased with myself.  It's styled on a bowling bag and I was really hoping that when it was finished I would be able to get the sewing machine into it.
I learnt the basics of bag making on Creative Cutie and have improved with each bag.......Well I like to think so anyway, I can certainly say that I have gone from being terrified to confident thanks to Daphna's blog.
I made it from curtain fabric that I was lucky enough to receive a year ago and still have a load left.  I didn't bother with interfacing as the fabric is so thick and I don't think my machine would have gone along with all that labour..... I suppose it's due a pamper after all that hard work.



I drafted the pattern and cut all the pieces sewed the pockets on, sewed the outside together, then the inside, the design bit is a pocket, then did the zipper bit. Sewed the lining to the zip bit leaving a gap to turn the bag through at the end. Sewed the outside to the matching zipper side, leaving the zip open, finished all the raw edges...... this takes a while and a lot of thread!   Then the magic part comes when you pull it all right side out, tuck the lining inside and stitch up the gap.  Job done!



I really didn't think the machine would fit through the zip, but where there's a will sometimes there's a way, and boy was I happy when I found the way to do it......Hooray!!  I'm so glad that this will be in use all the time.  I can use it for a weekend away, overnight stay and sewing machine bag.  How good it that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.